February 24, 2021
Registration is closed.
- The use of Fiber Optics for Monitoring the Ground as well as Support Elements in Underground Excavations by Dr. Nicholas Vlachopoulos
Nicholas Vlachopoulos, Ph.D., CD, P.Eng., PE
The use of Fiber Optics for Monitoring the Ground as well as Support Elements in Underground Excavations
- Professor of Civil Engineering at the Royal Military College of Canada.
- Director at the Queen’s-RMC GeoEngineeirng Center.
- Founder and Director of the RMC Green Team.
- Professional Engineer in Canada and in Europe with over 25 years of experience in geotechnical/geological and geo-environmental engineering.
- Recently awarded the Thomas Roy Award by the Canadian Geotechnical Society (CGS) for “outstanding contribution to Engineering Geology in Canada”;
- Immediate past Engineering Geology Division Chair for the CGS and Canadian Representative of the IAEG.