- Microseismic Monitoring of Rockburst by Dr. Cecilia dip
- Progressive Landslides in Sensitive Clays, Challenges in Modelling and Techniques Used to Successfully Model Large Scale Slides by Dr. Rajib Dey
Cecilia Dip, Ph.D.
Candidate, Intern at Nuclear Waste Management Organization, Canada
- Experienced in modelling and geostatistics.
- Bachelor's and Master’s degree in geophysics at Facultad de Ciencias Astronomicas y Geofisicas de La Plata (FCAGLP), in Argentina.
- Second Master in Earth and Planetary Science, Environments (STPE) specialty “Exploration geophysics” at Institute de physique du globe de PARIS (IPGP), in France.
- Currently finishing Ph.D. in Earth Science at INRS in Quebec, Canada, entitled “Microseismic Monitoring of Mines with an Ensemble Kalman filter”.
Rajib Dey, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Geotechnical Engineer and Geohazard Specialist at Stantec Consulting Ltd., Canada
- He is a geotechnical engineer with 13 years of experience including extensive work in numerical modelling.
- He has completed various geotechnical projects across Canada and the USA which include Residential/Commercial Development, Development on Soft Soil, Geohazard (Landslide) Engineering, Forensic Study, Seismic Slope Analysis, Mining, Transportation, Oil and Gas, Power Transmission & Distribution, Telecommunication Tower Construction, DAM Engineering, Marine/Coastal Engineering, Permafrost Engineering, Retaining Structure.
- His academic background includes advanced FE modelling and developing models to capture large deformation problems such as landslides.