- Beyond the single deterministic factor of safety! by Brigid Cami & Dr. Sina Javankhoshdel
- An Introduction and Survey of Geotechnical Uncertainty in Mine Projects by Alex Hossack
Brigid Cami, MSc.
Geotechnical Software Developer at Rocscience Inc., Canada
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering from McGill University
- Masters in Statistics from University of Toronto
- Over 5 years of experience in developing geotechnical software packages at Rocscience Inc.
- Project manager of Rocscience's Slide2 software
- Several publications in the application of statistics in geotechnical engineering
Sina Javankhoshdel, Ph.D., P.Eng., A.M.ASCE
Geomechanics Specialist at Rocscience Inc., Canada
- Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering from Queen’s University.
- Software Developer, Expert Modeler, Statistics Expert.
- Over 9 years of experience in developing geotechnical software packages with statistics options at Rocscience Inc. and Queen’s University.
- Instructor of Rocscience’s customized workshops and speaker in conference presentations.
More than 30 publications with over 350 citations.
Alex Hossack, MSc., PMP
Geotechnical Manager at Vale Base Metals, Canada
- Alex is the Geotechnical Manager for Vale Base Metals.
- Nearly 20 years of experience, specializing in mining rock mechanics.
- Worked in both hard and soft rock open pit and underground operations for some of the largest mining companies in the world across commodities.
- Master of Geotechnical Engineering, and Master of Project Management and is also a Member of the Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, a Chartered Professional, and a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland.